Truck Driver I - II #22-32
Truck Driver I - II
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC WORKS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $45,433 – $56,965 DOQ
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Medical, Dental, and Vis. Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 96 Hours of Vacation
- 96 Hours of Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 2 Paid Personal Holidays
- Washington PERS
- Teamsters Pension Trust Fund
- No Cost for CDL Medical Certificate Renewal
- Reimbursement for CDL Renewal
This position is covered by Teamsters & Operating Engineers Bargaining Unit
The Truck Driver I - II is a road maintenance position. Individual operates a variety of trucks and performs labor in support of construction, maintenance, or repair of county roads and shoulders, bridges, drainage systems, traffic and road signs, and engineering projects. Crew members are expected to be capable of working independently during normal work hours and during call-outs, with the ability to work as a team when needed.
- Practices and procedures related to road construction or maintenance
- Basic mathematics
- Road and construction safety practices
- Operate heavy construction equipment, large trucks and power tools
- Establish & maintain effective working relations with coworkers, supervision, and the general public • Work effectively without direct supervision
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a variety of trucks within the Public Works fleet
- Comply with Washington State Motor Vehicle Laws
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years of experience in road construction or heavy equipment operation
- Experience working with survey stakes, blueprints, and specifications is preferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A valid Washington State CDL A with endorsement N for tank trailers and a good driving record.
- A First-Aid/CPR Card
- A Flagger's Card
- Maintenance of current skills and additional training as needed
Application and Selection Process
Applicants are required to submit a Mason County Application AND a Driver Abstract from DOL to the Human Resources Department. The completed application may include additional pages of employment history using the application format. The completed application will be used as the primary document to determine if minimum qualifications are met for this recruitment. Misrepresentation, incomplete, or inaccurate entries may be the cause of application rejection, removal from the employment list, or discharge from county service. Applicants will be screened base upon education and experience, and the top candidates will be scheduled for interviews. Selection factors will include demonstrated knowledge and abilities for the particular position. Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. This selection process may be subject to change.
Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer
Drug Free Work Environment
This information does not constitute an expressed or implied contract or offer of employment. Any provision contained herein may be modified and/or revoked without notice.
Click apply to be considered today!